Protect your recovery seed from fire and water damages using the CryptoSteel Capsule!
After quite a long and infuriating wait, IOTA is finally supported by one of the best wallets we have right now, the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Nano X. Finally the IOTA holders can now store their IOTA safely onto their hardware wallets, without a fear of their funds getting stolen on exchanges and on their software wallets.
Here’s a guide on how to store your IOTA using the Ledger Nano S or the Ledger Nano X.
What you’re going to need:
- A Ledger device (Ledger Nano S/Ledger Nano X)
- A USB cable
- a computer
- an installed Trinity wallet (0.4.0)
- Ledger Live installed (version 1.2.1 or newer)
Adding the IOTA app on your Ledger device
- Open up Ledger Live, and make sure it’s software version is up to date.
- Head over to the Manager section on the left side bar, and search on “IOTA”, then click on Install.
Installing the Trinity wallet
- Head over to trinity.iota.org/#download, select and download the installer for what operating system your computer is running. For this guide, we will be choosing Windows.
- Go through the installation steps, until you reach this step:
- Plugin your Ledger device and enter your PIN.
- This screen will then be displayed. Click on “Proceed with Ledger setup“
- Since this is your first time on using your Ledger device on the Trinity wallet, just click on “Continue“.
NOTE: If you’re stuck on the “Open Ledger IOTA app” page, make sure your Ledger device’s version is up-to-date.
- Select your account name. You can name it anything you want, then click on continue.
- Select a password. This password will be used to access your wallet.
- We’re almost done. Click on “Open your wallet” and wait for the seed to load.
- and we’re done! Click on the “Receive” button to view your wallet’s address, so you can finally withdraw your funds from exchanges.
Securing your funds and making sure that you wont get hacked or scammed should be the number 1 priority of anyone investing in cryptocurrencies. The best countermeasure against hackers and scammers is knowledge. To make sure you’re knowledgeable enough to be invulnerable to all of the current cryptocurrency-related scams and hacks, we suggest reading these articles: