XRP, or as some people call it, “Ripple”, is one of the coins that has gained enormous profit for a lot investors in the past few years. If you hold XRP, or any other cryptocurrency in general, always make sure that your funds are always secure so you have your funds ready and secure for the next bull run. Here’s a guide on how to store your XRP using the Ledger Nano S or Ledger Nano X.
NOTE: The cryptocurrency is called XRP, while the company running XRP is called Ripple Labs.
What you’re going to need:
- A Ledger device(Nano S/Nano X)
- A USB cable
- a computer
- Ledger Live(preferably updated to the latest version)
Don’t have any XRP yet? Grab some now:
Adding the XRP app on your Ledger device
- Open up Ledger Live, and make sure it’s software version is up to date.
- Head over to the Manager section on the left side bar, and search on “XRP”, then click on Install.
Not enough storage? READ: Ledger Nano S: “Not Enough Storage Left”?
Creating an XRP account
To create an XRP wallet on your Ledger device, we first need to create an “account” for you to be able to have access to your wallet’s XRP address.
- Click on the rounded + symbol on the left portion of the Ledger Live app to add an account.
- Type in “xrp” on the search bar to easily find XRP on the list, then click on “Continue“.
- Open the XRP app on your Ledger device, then click on “Continue“.
- Wait for Ledger Live to synchronize.
- Choose a name for your wallet. For this example, we’re just going to name our wallet “My XRP Wallet“.
- Tick the blue checkbox , then click on “Add account“.
- Account successfully added!Click on “Add more” if you want to create more XRP wallets, or if you want to head over to moving your funds to your XRP wallet, just click on the small x on the top right corner of this popup.
- Your XRP wallet is now ready. Simply click on the XRP wallet you made on the “Accounts” section on the left, then click on the blue “Receive” button.
- Click on “Continue“.
- Click on “Verify“.
- For security purposes, check if the same wallet address is being shown on the Ledger Live app, and the address shown on your physical Ledger device.If everything’s fine, you can now copy the wallet address shown on Ledger Live, and you can now use that address to move your funds from other XRP wallets, or from the exchange you’re using.